Erratic Oil pressure

Gotta love that wiring . . .
henry
Your car is a: Pininfarina 1983

Erratic Oil pressure

Post by henry »

Hello, I change the Sender, Oil Pressure Gauge and Switch, Oil Pressure Light sensor but still getting an erratic pressure in the gauge, contacts or gauge?
mgbgtn

Re: Erratic Oil pressure

Post by mgbgtn »

I would put a mechanical gauge in ( the after market one with the plastic tube) and check the pressure reading to make sure it is not the motor causing the problem.
narfire
Your car is a: 1980 124 spider

Post by narfire »

How's the oil pan? if there is a good dent in the front, perhaps the oil pick-up has broken off and the stub is sucking air at times.

Just a thought...
80 FI spider
72 work in progress
2017 Golf R ( APR Stg. 1)
2018 F350 crew long box
henry
Your car is a: Pininfarina 1983

Post by henry »

I re-tight the connectors in the gauge, I change the sender. I found more connectors when I check the gauge. where do they go?, there is only one cable to the sender.
danaspider
Your car is a: 1979 Spider 2000 79 vw bus

Post by danaspider »

Henry, if you have an oil gauge on the car, then you have two sending units from the front of the engine. One of the sending units is from the pressure sensor, which makes the needle go up and down with the engine revs. The second sending unit is for the oil pressure light. So to the gauge you have a wire from each sending unit. Also on the gauge is a power wire for the dash light and a ground.

Hope that helps a bit.

By erratic pressure, what do you mean? Remember the oil pressure varies with the rpm, and is not constant.
Luck Dana

79 Spider 2000
carb
It all about the romace of the car and owner