no turn signals no back up lights and no hazard lights?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
spiknek

no turn signals no back up lights and no hazard lights?

Post by spiknek »

hey can some one help me on this. no turn signals no back up lights and no hazard lights? just change all fuses on the car ? please help!!!!!!
Last edited by spiknek on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: no turn signals no back up lights and no hazard lites?

Post by azruss »

If you have the round style hazard, it may need replacing are serviced.
spiknek

Re: no turn signals no back up lights and no hazard lights?

Post by spiknek »

mine is the square (switch)
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

A few thoughts.
Did everything work before the fuses were changed?
It is not uncommon for the wire to break off the back up switch on the transmission, Sometimes when this happens it shorts to ground and blows the fuse.
Even if all these problems seem to have occurred at once it does not mean there is a single cause. I would pick one like the back up lights and troubleshoot just it.
spiknek

Post by spiknek »

fuses are fine I tested the current going into the license plate lights and they have current but my hazard as well as my turn signals dont work also changed all bulbs in the tail lights?????
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Post by azruss »

look at your turn signal light in the dark or cup you hands over the lense to see if they are barely lit. If you had a bad ground, you can get this condition. As we all know, Fiats never have bad grounds. :roll:
spiknek

Post by spiknek »

got everything working but the license plate light !!!! what can this be???
what I did to get the others to work take out hazard switch re connect some wires that were bad , took out all the lights in the back clean and lite sand all contacts
Also as I took off the radio to get to the wires for the hazard switch I notice 5 cables that are not attached to anything will post picts to see if anyone can help
they are 2 purple with blk dots 1 is green and white 1 is brown and the other 2 are purple with blk line
jkn070458

Post by jkn070458 »

If you take a look at the wiring diagram, EVERYTHING goes through it. I had 7/8 lights working, fixed a turn signal socket on left and lost rear right tail. The license plate lights run through a block coming down the drivers side and are connected in series behind the trunk latch, yellow wire on my 78 spider. I'd check the sockets, easy to take apart but you'll need rivets to put back together. The best tool for checking this stuff is called a power probe. I had to use a DVOM and my power probe to quickly check my powers and grounds. 847-639-2600