Left Turn Signal No Work With Headlights On

Gotta love that wiring . . .
deadhead

Left Turn Signal No Work With Headlights On

Post by deadhead »

Been through a bunch of stuff with the new to me 80. Changed out the injectors and it runs great! So on to the electrical gremlins...

Fixed my hazard switch and now sort of have turn signals. The left one blinks/heats up faster that the right, and won't work at all with the headlights on. The right one is fine either way.

I also notice a very slight RPM drop whenever an additional electrical load is applied. I'm going to go and clean the grounds again...but in the mean time if anyone has a more targeted idea I would much appreciate a response.\

Thanks in Advance,

Linn
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Left Turn Signal No Work With Headlights On

Post by TX82FIAT »

Try cleaning the connection on the circuit boards as well as the socket holders for the bulbs. Not sure how familiar you are with these light assemblies. The ciruit boards clip in and out so you can slide the bulb and board away from the housing pretty easy. Those connection points are know to have some corrosion that could be creating a little too much resistance in that particular part of the circuit.

I only mention the circuit board clipping in and out because the first time I worked on this assembly I took the whole thing out and realized when holding it in my hand that it clips out without the need for a wrench to change the bulbs.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
So Cal Mark

Re: Left Turn Signal No Work With Headlights On

Post by So Cal Mark »

you probably have poor grounds on the lights