75 124 w/8 relays under hood?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
JCC

75 124 w/8 relays under hood?

Post by JCC »

New to the forum and to my D.0.B. Feb. 1975 124 . Previous owner(s) did the usual hack-cut n splice etc. I have the interior gutted exposing all wireing, tracing to relays under the hood etc. I have tried numerous sites inc. Brad Artique's that covers everything but 74-76 models and have a 75-76 - 7 page schematic that has been most helpful. I have a bank of 8 relays under my hood but every schematic I can find shows only 6. I am trying to use the original wireing and have almost all electrical working properly except for the starting circuit. # 50 on my ignition switch is not being used. Should I forget about trying to restore original start circuit and pull from # 50 ? Thanks.
SLOSpider
Your car is a: 1973 124 Spider 2.0FI

Re: 75 124 w/8 relays under hood?

Post by SLOSpider »

I could never find what all the relays did and just made sure I got working what I wanted. I think the three I had in question were smog/trans related.

1975 124 Spider
1976 Mazda Cosmo http://www.mazdacosmo.com
1989 Chevy k5 Blazer
1967 GT Mustang Fastback
JCC

Post by JCC »

Thanks for the pics. Appears two of my three unidentified relays are the same. I believe a previous owner wired in a start circuit relay that I need to re-configure. Thanks again.!!
westy64

Post by westy64 »

SLOSpider wrote:I could never find what all the relays did and just made sure I got working what I wanted. I think the three I had in question were smog/trans related.

You have identified 5, and the 6th original one shoud be the Diverter valve by-pass relay.
I do not know what it is, but it is related to low emission stuff.

This is what I found to identify it.

according to the diagrams, it is wired with the following :

White
White/black (ground)
Green/white
Blue/red

and it does not share any wire with neighbours.

so I guess it is the black socket, if I see well.