Hazard Switch Replacement

Gotta love that wiring . . .
supplyguy

Hazard Switch Replacement

Post by supplyguy »

Mission creep from replacing my carpets has now made it to replacing my hazard switch. And the plot thickens. Was having no problem with the switch in my '71, but the upper console was trashed. Got a decent used upper console and figured I would replace the components (radio, hazard, nonfunctional lighter/power socket) and it ain't fun. Turns out my old and new hazard switches are 1 3/8 inches high, and the unmodified rectangular hole in the console is 1 1/2' high. That quarter inch will be either an ugly gap, some homemade (half assed) adapter, or I figure out what years used a taller switch and buy another. ANy ideas on the taller switch?

This is while I am building a hokey, but not visible, bracket to house a nice 5x7 dual voice coil speaker in the console, and figuring out replacement lighter sockets - the ones I bought so far are too big for the console hole. AAARRRGHHHHH!
vandor
Your car is a: 1971 124 Spider

Re: Hazard Switch Replacement

Post by vandor »

It's not the switch that is taller, but the holder. On your '71 the switch fits flush into the console, but around '73 the plastic holder held the switch so it was vertical. All you need is the plastic surround. I likely have one for $5, just PM me if you are interested.
Csaba
'71 124 Spider, much modified
'17 124 Abarth, silver
http://italiancarclub.com/csaba/
Co-owner of the best dang Fiat parts place in town
supplyguy

Re: Hazard Switch Replacement

Post by supplyguy »

Thansk Vandor. Silly me.....turns out swapping that silver face plate in the console will also solve the problem!