79 wiring diagram

Gotta love that wiring . . .
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

79 wiring diagram

Post by rlux4 »

I met a guy at a fencing supply company I shop at and seeing my Fiat hat he got all exited. He just got a 79 and doesn't know anyone with a Fiat and he's in the process of restoring his. He called today to see if we could get together and figure out why his fuel pump isn't getting power. I looked up Brad Artigue's diagrams but the one for 79-carb'd 80s doesn't show the fuel pump circuit. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram that includes it or can tell me how the circuit runs. I'm guessing it doesn't have a dual relay like our FI cars have in the circuit. :lol:
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
So Cal Mark

Re: 79 wiring diagram

Post by So Cal Mark »

that car was equipped with a mechanical pump from the factory
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Post by rlux4 »

Well, that shows how often I had the hood up on my first Spider, a 79.
So, mechanical fuel pump, probably no wires going to it, huh? :lol:
OK then, a PO has put in an electrical pump which should make tracing the wire easier.
Thanks Mark.
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
JEEPER
Your car is a: 1979 SPIDER

Post by JEEPER »

rlux4 wrote:I met a guy at a fencing supply company I shop at and seeing my Fiat hat he got all exited. He just got a 79 and doesn't know anyone with a Fiat and he's in the process of restoring his. He called today to see if we could get together and figure out why his fuel pump isn't getting power. I looked up Brad Artigue's diagrams but the one for 79-carb'd 80s doesn't show the fuel pump circuit. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram that includes it or can tell me how the circuit runs. I'm guessing it doesn't have a dual relay like our FI cars have in the circuit. :lol:
Ron
Bought my 79 new and it has a mechanical fuel pump.(as MARK said)