Heater fan switch wiring

Gotta love that wiring . . .
johnssi

Heater fan switch wiring

Post by johnssi »

Can anyone offer any advice as to which of the three wires goes where on the heater fan switch? Thanks for any help, John
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Re: Heater fan switch wiring

Post by rlux4 »

This wiring diagram, made available by Brad Artigue, will tell you whatever you need to know about the wiring circuits on your car. You can download it or have Kinkos go to the website and print copies in any size you want. I had mine done in 11X17 and they're very easy to read.
http://www.artigue.com/wp-content/uploa ... 0_1982.pdf
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

I think the yellow/black goes in the middle. The red is "lo" speed and the light blue/black is the "hi" speed. They go on the outer terminals of the switch. Being as the switch can be mounted either direction I don't think it makes a difference where you put the speed control wires as long as they are on the outer terminals.
Razooli
Your car is a: 1982 Fiat Spider 2000

Post by Razooli »

Lynn Shuler
1982 Spider 2000
Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.
johnssi

Post by johnssi »

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I immediately downloaded Brad's electrical schematic and found the correct positions for the wires. Thanks everyone for the reply and especially to Brad for the great work!
John