Stitched Interior Console

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
Hjulen

Stitched Interior Console

Post by Hjulen »

Has anyone ever tried to get an upholstery to cover the center and radio consoles with vinyl and stitching similar to the Aniversary edition cars?

I always thought it looked neat and added a little class but have never tried asking around myself.
spidernut
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider Automatic

Post by spidernut »

I met a guy recently who reupholstered his console on his 81. It looked very similar to the anniversary edition. He had a friend do the consoles and dash. He didn't disclose the cost when I asked.
John G.
1979 Spider (Owned since 2000)
1971 124 Sport Spider (Owned since 2017)
1977 Spider (Sold 2017)
1979 Spider (Disposed of in 2017)
1979 Spider (Sold 2015)
1980 Spider (Sold in 2013)
1981 Spider (Sold in 1985)
2017 Spider (Owned since 2019)
SpiderF81

Post by SpiderF81 »

There is one on E-bay right now. Not in good condition, but fixed up would add a really nice touch to the car. The auction Item number: 4614062895. Does anyone know a vendor who sells these?
noneedforanintroduction

Post by noneedforanintroduction »

i made a pattern from a console I pulled from an 81 (it was beige leather covered, looked very nice)

I have no idea where I put that pattern, and i sold the console last year.

i have a blue console that was (badly) painted black that i will be covering with the same black crushed velour material that i did my custom door panels in... It should look nice.
Danno

Post by Danno »

noneedforanintroduction wrote:i made a pattern from a console I pulled from an 81 (it was beige leather covered, looked very nice)

I have no idea where I put that pattern, and i sold the console last year.

i have a blue console that was (badly) painted black that i will be covering with the same black crushed velour material that i did my custom door panels in... It should look nice.
ohhh, find that pattern!!!!!
noneedforanintroduction

Post by noneedforanintroduction »

I'll draw one this weekend when i bring that console home from storage
spiderrey
Your car is a: 70 124 spider-74x19-03 ranger edge

Post by spiderrey »

seen quite a few cars at the shows around here that had that done. some looked better then others. there is a shop locally that does it.
Danno

Post by Danno »

I've got a huge roll of vinyl just waiting to be installed all over my interior. I think I can do the console without a pattern, but I'm interested to see how they pieced it together. I think that I'll be recovering those rear panels with the vinyl this weekend and i'm actually fiberglassing up the map pockets for some speakers and I'll be covering those with this vinyl too. I've already cut strips for the carpet to give a nice edge to the proper pieces too. It's a big project, but it'll look great when it's done.
Danno

Post by Danno »

noneedforanintroduction wrote:I'll draw one this weekend when i bring that console home from storage
tried to do it myself, not working well. I NEED that pattern, lol. Hope you can help me out still....
fiat4me

Post by fiat4me »

The 79 spider that I purchased recently has a stitched console, maybe it's one of the bad ones cause I think it's ugly. Just got the upper and lower from IAP and will have the interior completely redone.