BACK TO MY WIRES

Gotta love that wiring . . .
fiat218
Your car is a: 1969 124 AS spider

BACK TO MY WIRES

Post by fiat218 »

in removing the heater control bezel!!!
the e brake button is there, wire underneath is attached, wires to the brake bulb on the dash is attach ( correctly )
so in pulling up the ebake the dash BRAKE lite comes on,so forth
now my question is this . MINE STAYS ON NO MATTER
so with the ebrake down , the wire is not being grounded so the lite will not come on, is that correct
or some one tell me how the ebake lite works in general
thanks
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1970 Fiat Spider BS1 ( FOR SALE
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath
2018 Alfa Romeo 4c Spider
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: BACK TO MY WIRES

Post by azruss »

I think with that button switch, the circuit is closed when the button is up and open when the button is pushed. all it takes is something in the switch that doesnt break the connection. check to make sure the handle is depressing the button. the bracket on the handle can bend so it doesnt push the button. look the bottom of the button to see if something is amiss with the wiring. As i recall, that is all exposed on the bottom of the switch.
fiat218

Post by fiat218 »

azruss wrote:I think with that button switch, the circuit is closed when the button is up and open when the button is pushed. all it takes is something in the switch that doesnt break the connection. check to make sure the handle is depressing the button. the bracket on the handle can bend so it doesnt push the button. look the bottom of the button to see if something is amiss with the wiring. As i recall, that is all exposed on the bottom of the switch.
I have it all off, ,I am pushing it my hand,the lite is not going off! When I push the button down, the contact is broken so the like should go off! I am using the same wire set up As in my 80 I will assume it the same wire colors and set up
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

Not sure what year your car is. My 81 has the switch for the hand brake and also a switch on the brake fluid level switch. Then there is the test switch that lights the light for a few seconds after the ignition switch is turned on. The light has power when ever the ignition switch is in the "on or start" position. The hand brake, fluid and test switches provide the ground for the light. Disconnect them one at a time to help find your problem.
fiat218

Post by fiat218 »

spider2081 wrote:Not sure what year your car is. My 81 has the switch for the hand brake and also a switch on the brake fluid level switch. Then there is the test switch that lights the light for a few seconds after the ignition switch is turned on. The light has power when ever the ignition switch is in the "on or start" position. The hand brake, fluid and test switches provide the ground for the light. Disconnect them one at a time to help find your problem.
I forgot that part, thanks,in fact the brakes have to be redone and there no fluid in the brake reserved so that may explain it
Thanks
No fluid would make that lite stay on, right?
Thanks spider, lite works like it suppose too, I forgot that there was no fluid and that it works with the lite
Now that is takin care of, seat belt lite is a whole differnce story, I am not even sure how that works, so that no Biggs
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath