Non Flashing Turn Signals

Gotta love that wiring . . .
davery
Your car is a: 1985 Spider

Non Flashing Turn Signals

Post by davery »

I replaced the front drivers side turn signal bulb and now the light works but no flashing from either side. When I replaced the bulb I had to adjust the contacts, as it was not making contact. I got it to work, but now have no flash. The dash indicator flashes once when I turn on the drivers side turn signal and not at all on the passenger side. Hazard lights work on the dash and the rear, but not the front. Any ideas before I start tearing it apart again? I bought at bulbs at a local place and they are for an 80 spider, as they did not have an 85 in their system. Thanks.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos
2012 Mercedes E550 Cabriolet
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Non Flashing Turn Signals

Post by azruss »

this is very basic. are you sure you didnt change a dual filament bulb with a single. you should have to be messing with the contact except to pull it up to give it more spring.
davery

Post by davery »

azruss wrote:this is very basic. are you sure you didnt change a dual filament bulb with a single. you should have to be messing with the contact except to pull it up to give it more spring.
It does not say on the package whether it is dual or single. It just says it is for backup, turn, stop and license. Can you tell the difference by looking? I had to push the contact in towards the bulb on one side, as it was not making contact.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos
mPedro08
Your car is a: 1976 124CS1 Spider

Post by mPedro08 »

davery wrote:
azruss wrote:this is very basic. are you sure you didnt change a dual filament bulb with a single. you should have to be messing with the contact except to pull it up to give it more spring.
It does not say on the package whether it is dual or single. It just says it is for backup, turn, stop and license. Can you tell the difference by looking? I had to push the contact in towards the bulb on one side, as it was not making contact.
One contact on bottom of bulb = Single Filament
Two contacts on bottom of bulb = Dual Filament
davery

Post by davery »

mPedro08 wrote:
davery wrote:

They gave me 1156 and I think it was supposed to be 1157.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos
davery

Post by davery »

mPedro08 wrote:
davery wrote:
Got it. Thanks.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos