Horn Issue

Gotta love that wiring . . .
east314

Horn Issue

Post by east314 »

My 1981 2000's horn went out after I used it. So I replaced the horn. Then it wouldn't stop blaring. So I bought a new relay and reconnected power. Now it still blares constantly. Short? Broken wire? Ground Issue? Horn button? Would appreciate input. Thanks
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Horn Issue

Post by azruss »

first thing is to check out the horn button. the contact grounds the circuit and it sounds like it is bent.
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Horn Issue

Post by TX82FIAT »

agreed, check horn button first to see if it is releasing fully. Very easy for the spring to bend or the platic tabs to hold part of the button assembly down. If that does not work then i might suspect a short under the hub. Easy to remove the horn button and then the nut holding the steering wheel on so you can remove the wheel and inspect the copper prongs that make contact under the hub. Each one of these contracts should contact a seperate ring (inner and outter) on the hub. If the prongs cross over or hit the post you will have a short as well. While this has not happened to me, some folks have reported a problem with the column switch. I'd look real close at the button and the two prngs under the steering wheel hub.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban