Car Stall when when I turnon the headlights

Gotta love that wiring . . .
majicwrench

Re: Car Stall when when I turnon the headlights

Post by majicwrench »

Fan is likely not sucking away all the current, just that not enough current can get thru some connection to run everything.
You did good with the voltmeter Bravo.
Now you need to find the "restriction". I'd start at the back of the ignition switch. One the wires provides the power, and will have battery volt with key off. (any wiring diagram would show you which wire) Hook pos probe of test light to that wire. Do same test, let fans come of, watch voltage. Report back.

If you want to play games with it just to make sure you are on right track, take jumper wire and run from Battery + term to coil +. Now let it cycle thru fan cycle, it should run just fine.

PS A pin pushed thru wire makes a handy place to hook an aligator clip.
ronj81

Re: Car Stall when when I turnon the headlights

Post by ronj81 »

majicwrench wrote:Fan is likely not sucking away all the current, just that not enough current can get thru some connection to run everything.
You did good with the voltmeter Bravo.
Now you need to find the "restriction". I'd start at the back of the ignition switch. One the wires provides the power, and will have battery volt with key off. (any wiring diagram would show you which wire) Hook pos probe of test light to that wire. Do same test, let fans come of, watch voltage. Report back.

If you want to play games with it just to make sure you are on right track, take jumper wire and run from Battery + term to coil +. Now let it cycle thru fan cycle, it should run just fine.

PS A pin pushed thru wire makes a handy place to hook an aligator clip.
Yahoo!!! I finally figured out where the problem... Thank you for all the input you guys gave me. I found out that the direct 12V wire from the starter was in the wrong place on the ignition switch. After finding which wires is the Direct 12V and the other 12V Power I was able to play around with the wires and found that the two wires were switched for some reason. Anyway, after making the right connection, I performed the test again. I turned on everything and measure it before the fan kick in and I am getting 12.9 - 13.1V then the Fan kick in and I measure it at 11.9 - 12.5 the car did not stall. So I will take for a test drive tonight and see if this conclude my findings... Thanks again fellas....

I took it for a test drive at night - first I notice that my head lights are a lot brighter, signals turns faster. And my car did not stall - I am convince that she is fix... This site rocks!