Signal and Flasers Stoped working

Gotta love that wiring . . .
dmbaerry

Signal and Flasers Stoped working

Post by dmbaerry »

all my signal lights and the flashers stoped working... could it be a fuse or flasher relay? I have a 82 spider
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Signal and Flasers Stoped working

Post by azruss »

check your flasher switch.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

your signal lights work through fuse A or 1 which has power in start and run position of the ignition switch. Your emergency flashers work through fuse I or 9 and that has power all the time so your emergency flashers can operate with the ignition switch off. Have you exercised your emergency hazard switch. everything goes through it.
There is one flasher relay and it operates both the signal and hazard lights. I think it needs to see a complete circuit to switch or click. If your green dash indicator bulb fails I am not sure the flasher relay will work. If you think everything worked properly and then just quit I would check the flasher relay and the dash green indicator bulb first. It is unlikely that both fuses failed unless you have a short.
dmbaerry

Post by dmbaerry »

Thanks guys. I hope I can tackle it tonight and will update you..
dmbaerry

Post by dmbaerry »

Thanks again guys... the Hazard switch was actually unplugged.. all fixed...
4uall
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat Pininfarina Spider 2000 F.I.

Post by 4uall »

whoooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo :mrgreen:
Jay

Fiona
1980 FI 2000 Spider
ITZEBTZE

https://goo.gl/photos/eNKaX7hrXhBu9fmp6

FINN (FN-2187)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
MYTHERPY
dmbaerry

Post by dmbaerry »

Yea what a relief. I didn't think I would be able to go to Dixie Fest in Winston Salem NC.. :D
rontron2012

Post by rontron2012 »

I have the same problem and have been troubleshooting for three days.......can't figure it out but now that you say everything goes through the flasher switch i think thats the problem because it came totally apart when I took out the console and I can't put it back together. Where can I buy a new switch.....? What vendor ......please advise. International_auto.......Mark doesn't have it I don't think