Lost the ignition key

Gotta love that wiring . . .
divace73
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat 124 Spider Silver

Re: Lost the ignition key

Post by divace73 »

thought I'd pipe up here, if you have you original key with the number on it, keys4classics can make up the exact key for your car, I have 2 made up from the original number, I took a close up pic of my original key with a ruler in mm along the teeth of the key and a pic of the number, my original key didn't leave my house and I receive 2 keys that worked perfectly, and they look like the original key, not like a copy, can't recommend them high enough. The company I dealt with were from Canberra Australia.....if you don't have the number then it may be difficult....
Cheers David
-=1980 silver Fiat 124 Spider=-
If you want to see pics of my car (and other random stuff) >>click here<< OR
see my >>You tube channel<<
txspider
Patron 2021
Patron 2021
Your car is a: 1977 Spider

Re: Lost the ignition key

Post by txspider »

Another suggestion - If you have an original Sipea brand ignition switch - pop off the chrome cover on the front of the switch - behind it on the front of the switch are some letters and numbers (usually 5) - any good key shop has a book that can give them the settings to cut from the code if they have a matching key blank - WARNING! some of the key blanks from the vendors are steel and not brass and I haven't found a key shop yet that will cut them with their machines.

Houston Mike
Gulf Coast Fiat/Lancia Group
TXSPIDER
'77 Spider "BLUE" Carb
'82 Spider "RED" FI