LED turn sigs/flasher

Gotta love that wiring . . .
SanRafaelFaz

LED turn sigs/flasher

Post by SanRafaelFaz »

I have been looking at a set of headlights with integrated LED turn signals. According to the seller, they should work on my '78 Spider with the addition of their LED flasher module. My question which he could not answer is this:
Will the LED flasher module (which I assume will replace my standard flasher) have any negative effect on my 4 way emergency flashers since I will not be using LEDs in the back or side markers?
Also, where is the flasher module located?
:oops:
wikkid

Re: LED turn sigs/flasher

Post by wikkid »

Located behind the center of the dash, IIRC. Not sure if you could separate out the 2 loads, keeping the flashers on the OEM, and switching the blinkers only to the new relay.

Alternately, you could wire in a resistor into each blinker circuit, which would avoid having to swap out the relay, and keep the blink rate the same by adding back in the load that the OEM blinkers had (that the LED's do not carry). You could use a Posi-Tap connector to tap in a wire lead from each resistor into both the neg. and pos. leads for right side and left side. Google "resistor for LED turn signals" and you will have a lot of info.

Someone with more specific data on the watts and ohms best suited for the Spider may need to chime in here, for best results. All you are trying to do is to bring the load back up to where it would be with the OEM signals, and "fool" the relay into working normally.