Bad-Earth day! Again!

Gotta love that wiring . . .
cbrown1469

Bad-Earth day! Again!

Post by cbrown1469 »

Can anyone confirm the exact number of earth points on an 80 FI auto

I am getting truly annoyed with my little car's turn signals. One day they are perfectly normal and blink at the right rate regardless of which other consumers are turned on. Other days they are so slow that I need to turn them on about a mile from the junction I'm approaching........ Today was one of those days.

I have, tonight again, cleaned all the earths I can find and it is a brand new flasher unit.

I am looking for a definitive list of EVERY earth point on the car to see if I have missed anything. I am aware of:

a) 2 at in the engine bay at front ( drivers side filled to capacity passenger side has 2 left over)
b) 1 under drivers side of dash
c) Main earth from body to engine/gearbox
d) 1 earth inside boot on rear panel for lights and fuel pump etc
e) Battery to battery box

Someone might come back and suggest the hazzard switch but I just don't think this is the culprit......however, I might be wrong.
:x :cry:
courtenay
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1980 Spider 2000

Re: Bad-Earth day! Again!

Post by courtenay »

Translation for those not used to the Queen's version of English... Earth = Ground.
As I understand it there are 3 ground (earth) pods in the '80. Two under the hood on either side of the engine bay and one under the dash towards the left side. I gather there are also other ground points for various bits in other areas of the car. Craig, While I haven't looked specifically for this, Brad Artigue's diagrams may point to other grounding spots for various bits.
Bruce Shearer
'80 Spider Fi
'10 Volvo XC70
'06 GMC 1 Ton PU
'72 Spider a long, long time ago