Removing Car Seat

General chat about the car goes in here.
yap123

Removing Car Seat

Post by yap123 »

Howdy,

How do I remove the passenger or driver seat from my 82 Spider?

Also, the black foam insulation floor padding needs to be replaced. Any suggestion on a good substitute or where I can buy it?

Thanks,
Clint
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

There should be an allen head cap screw at the front and rear of each seat channel. Run the seat all the way in one direction. Look at the exposed seat channel. You should see the cap screws. A 5mm allen wrench will remove them. If you cannot see them, then your seat is not far enough forward or back. Repeat in the opposite seat travel direction.
yap123

Post by yap123 »

Thanks
ventura ace

Post by ventura ace »

Older cars have Philips head, rather than Allen cap screws. If you can get them out, it's better to replace them with the Allen cap screws.

alvon
Danno

Post by Danno »

as for replacing that insulation. CarlaRWG and I have both used the insulation from here It seems like a pretty darn good solution and it's only 13 bucks a yard. I only needed 2 yards. Some have mentioned that also adding a heavy rubber sound deadener like fatmat or dynomat would be a good idea. I can't comment on the temp and sound insulation that my application has, cause my car hasn't been driven since it's been added!