Another turn signal/flasher problem

Gotta love that wiring . . .
psg

Another turn signal/flasher problem

Post by psg »

In the process of trying to fix a PO work around on an unrelated issue I have caused my turn signal and hazard lights to not work. I was checking out circuits and applied voltage to a live circuit, spark and a pop. I blew number one fuse and then noticed my hazard light lights or turn signals were not working. I figured the pop was the flasher by the steering column, replaced it with no change.

What I did was apply voltage to a live purple wire behind the console, key on. Now when I turn the key on the flasher light on the dash does not cycle on and off, the turn signal dash light does not come on when I operate the lever, the front turn signal lights are on (only when the headlights are on) but the rear turn signal lights do no light. Of course the flashers are not working either. No other fuses were damaged and everything else seems to operate.... what have I done so I don't become a "...previous owner?" :oops: psg
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Another turn signal/flasher problem

Post by TX82FIAT »

what year is your car. Most of the functions mentioned run through the hazard switch on the later models. If 79 on you might want to borrow a functioning hazard and see if that helps. Hope you did not burn through a wire creating a hot to ground. They can take a long time to find..
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
psg

Post by psg »

Forgot to mention '78.
psg

Post by psg »

Always check the simple first.

When you mentioned the hazard switch being crucial I remembered it had pulled of the connector but I put it back, so I checked to make sure it is a good connection...it was not, click and everything works again. Thanks for the direction. Merry Christmas. psg
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Post by 124JOE »

merry christmas and im glad it was easy to fix

it sounded like a real nightmare
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com