Need help with heater switch location...(pics)

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Raze

Need help with heater switch location...(pics)

Post by Raze »

So I'm finally working on restoring the interior of the 72 to something resembling stock. I'm going to be replacing this dash:

with this one that I restored-ish:

but I need to figure out a couple of switches on the old dash. The light switch goes back in it's proper location on the dash and is already in. The radiator fan switch will be getting replaced with a thermocouple in the radiator and a relay, as it should be but I'm going to use an adjustable, and a modern one). The final switch is the one I need help with as I don't have a 'proper' switch for it. Is there a switch for the heater control like the wiper switch? (I've noticed the 2 holes in the metal bracket sitting in the center of the new dash - I don't have the wood panels or the bezel so I made a new dash panel as seen in the pics). Any help is appreciated...

Tobi

Re: Need help with heater switch location...(pics)

Post by Tobi »

The heater van switch is a little rocker that is in the center console by the handbrake handle.
Raze

Post by Raze »

Ah, and since I don't have a lower console (yet) I wouldn't know that! LOL thanks for the info! Guess I'll work on getting that fixed. I assume it's a 3 position rocker?
dmwhiteoak
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 spider

Post by dmwhiteoak »

A very simple switch. 3 position , low , off and high. Located between park brake and shifter.
Dennis Modisette

1972 124 Spider
2003 Chevrolet Z71
2007 GMC Yucon