Engine Bay Lights

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Zulu

Engine Bay Lights

Post by Zulu »

I'd like to put engine bay lights in my '77 Spider, and I'd like to make them as close to the stock 66-71 lights as possible. From the few pictures I've seen, I've determined the position of the switch and both lights. It looks like the light brackets should be pretty simple to fabricate, but I haven't been able to find good pictures showing the actual bulb contacts and spade connectors, just the outside housing.The switch looks to be the same as the door jam switch available from vendors so that's no problem.

Does anyone have good close-up photos of the the light housing? That's what I'm looking for, so that I can hopefully fabricate them. Also pictures of the wiring would be great, as I don't quite understand how the coolant light's wiring is routed back to the switch. Thank you in advance.

Zulu
Budduncan
Your car is a: 1971 Spider

Re: Engine Bay Lights

Post by Budduncan »

Hello
I cannot do it for a week since I am heading out for vacation over Tday, but if you still need them I can get you details off my 71. They are wired to just come on at night, so you have to have your lights on to "arm" them. Parking lights position will work, doesn't have to be headlights. The bulb holder is the same as is in the trunk. I would think they would still be available. Try Vicks or equiv before fabricating. Anyway, if you are not in a big hurry, I can get you the pictures. send your email address to me at Rduncan@Leswilkins.com
Cheers,
Bud
Zulu

Post by Zulu »

Budduncan wrote:Hello
I cannot do it for a week since I am heading out for vacation over Tday, but if you still need them I can get you details off my 71. They are wired to just come on at night, so you have to have your lights on to "arm" them. Parking lights position will work, doesn't have to be headlights. The bulb holder is the same as is in the trunk. I would think they would still be available. Try Vicks or equiv before fabricating. Anyway, if you are not in a big hurry, I can get you the pictures. send your email address to me at Rduncan@Leswilkins.com
Cheers,
Bud
The only bulb holder I can find from a vendor is the late-style trunk light on Auto Ricambi. It's completely different than the early style. And I figure I will just wire it up with the trunk light. Thank you so much, I will get that email off to you.

Zulu
vandor
Your car is a: 1971 124 Spider

Post by vandor »

Zulu wrote:Does anyone have good close-up photos of the the light housing? That's what I'm looking for, so that I can hopefully fabricate them.
Why not just buy some? :-)
I have some that have been zinc plated and look like new. PM me if interested.
Csaba
'71 124 Spider, much modified
'17 124 Abarth, silver
http://italiancarclub.com/csaba/
Co-owner of the best dang Fiat parts place in town
Zulu

Post by Zulu »

I'm still looking for photos if anyone has them or can get them.