lambda sensor location

Gotta love that wiring . . .
mikot

lambda sensor location

Post by mikot »

Hi, i have a pininfarina 124 spider (1983) 2000i and I want to know,Where exactly is the lambda sensor localited.
many photos can be very helpful.

thanks for answer
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: lambda sensor location

Post by azruss »

i think your lambda sensor is your O2 sensor which is located in the exhaust manifold. look at the heat shield for the manifold. on the firewall side, you will see a wire coming out from underneath it. this is connected to the O2 sensor.
mikot

Post by mikot »

thanks for your answer, but my problem is not exacltly this.
the fact is that i have bought this car a month ago and the last propietary converted the inyection fuel sistem to carburator sistem and also he changed the exhaust sistem for a Performance Exhaust Headers and it haven't the lambda sensor thread.
My intention is to put the original injection system an i don't know where i can put the sensor thread.
azruss

Post by azruss »

the factory sensor is located just above the flange where the manifold joins the exhaust pipe. this is in the "2 pipe" section.
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Post by 124JOE »

what carb do you have?
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com
vandor
Your car is a: 1971 124 Spider

Post by vandor »

mikot wrote:... the last propietary converted the inyection fuel sistem to carburator sistem and also he changed the exhaust sistem for a Performance Exhaust Headers and it haven't the lambda sensor thread..
If the header has a place for the lamba (oxygen) sensor, then is toward the rear, where the 2 pipes go into 1.
I have also seen them in the header tube for the number 1 cylinder, but I am sure you would see it if it was there.

If you do not have one, then you can have an exhaust shop weld in a 'bung' for a lambda sensor. That is something common around here. Where are you located? If you cannot get one I could find you one here.
Csaba
'71 124 Spider, much modified
'17 124 Abarth, silver
http://italiancarclub.com/csaba/
Co-owner of the best dang Fiat parts place in town
mikot

Post by mikot »

thanks for answer my question, I solved the problem welding a nut to original site, but now i have another problem
is this cable that I don't know were i can conect it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigtimes_f ... hotostream
thanks for answer
azruss

Post by azruss »

download one of brad's seriously nice schematics and that should give you the answer. (will plug in to the computer)
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Post by 124JOE »

does that leed have 12v switched on with the key?
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com
vandor
Your car is a: 1971 124 Spider

Post by vandor »

mikot wrote:... is this cable that I don't know were i can conect it.
If it is not the one that goes to the negative terminal of the coil, then it may not be used.
The one that goes to the negative terminal usually does not have a plastic connector, only a metal one.
Csaba
'71 124 Spider, much modified
'17 124 Abarth, silver
http://italiancarclub.com/csaba/
Co-owner of the best dang Fiat parts place in town
mikot

Post by mikot »

thanks for the answers but the only thing I discovered is that there is no LED swich on but I noticed that the cable is completely white

mikot