no pulse at injectors

Gotta love that wiring . . .
david2335

no pulse at injectors

Post by david2335 »

198o spider 2000
I brought a noid light and tested the injectors .It will run if you spry gas in the intake. have cleaned all ground
wires. I can`t find the electronic control unit.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Re: no pulse at injectors

Post by spider2081 »

The ECU is located below the glove box.
Do you have voltage at the fuel injectors?? If not there is an inline fuse holder you might check behind the fuse panel on drivers side of the car. Voltage for the ECU and the injectors passes through the fuse to a dual relay whisc is also located below the glove box. Does the fuel pump run when you crank the engine??
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Re: no pulse at injectors

Post by rlux4 »

The inline fuse for the dual relay is just one of the power supplies going to it. There are also a red with black and a pink with black wires energized through ignition switch, and a large brown wire coming directly from the battery. The problem may be the ECU, but it's highly doubtful. They are very sturdy, and because they're so seldom the problem I'd eliminate any other possibilities first. You should check that the two ground wires for the injectors are good. They're near the rear of the outboard side of the intake plenum. They supply the ground for the injectors, so if they're not good you'd get no pulse.
Don't suppose you have anyone close that could loan you a known good ECU? At least that way you'd know it was, or wasn't the problem.
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.