Original Paint Type

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
jimmycakes401

Original Paint Type

Post by jimmycakes401 »

I'm thinking about ordering some touch up paint for now to take care of all my rust locations and then eventually painting the whole thing when I can afford it. My goal right now is to prep all the rusted areas and treat them properly. I'm actually thinking of just taking the cowell to a paint store and have them paint match. But I need to know what type. I assume it's a single stage urethane? It's Rosso Cherry 136/F. I think color matching would make the most since. I want it to match as much as possible.
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Original Paint Type

Post by TX82FIAT »

I think you are right with the single stage urethane paint. I have the paint codes for an 82 and the codes list more modern paints to match. when i get hom i can look up the Dupont paint code and it has a little more detail as to single our double stage. However, I'm pretty certain the Rosso red is a single stage.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
jimmycakes401

Re: Original Paint Type

Post by jimmycakes401 »

It's definitely a single stage. I just want to make sure I don't order an acrylic urethane or something and end up with a pealing mess or something. It also buffs up quite nice. I was pretty surprised.