Wiring Consultant Wanted

Gotta love that wiring . . .
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Re: Wiring Consultant Wanted

Post by 124JOE »

top left white with a black stripe,2purple with white stripe,red,empty.
bottom left grey with a red stripe ,blue with white stripe,empty,grey w white spots.

BTW heres the factory grounds under the dash
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com
ammonite
Your car is a: 1978 Spider

Post by ammonite »

I have attached the wires as per your configuration but further investigation has shown that my white with black stripe and one of the light blue with white stripe are not attached on the other end. Where do they go to? It would seem Joe that your 78 is wired the same as mine - which wiring diagram is good for our cars? The '78 or '79"
124JOE

Post by 124JOE »

when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ammonite

Post by ammonite »

Thanks Joe, but I have downloaded that diagram several times. It bears little resemblance to our actual wiring in areas like the hazard switch where it shows only 4 wires of completely different colors than what you an I (now) have. I am confused.
124JOE

Post by 124JOE »

ok ill look into it more.joe
majicwrench

Post by majicwrench »

Those two orphan wires in truck, I would be tempted to cut back the covering over that harness, so you can get to some wires that aren't faded or painted over, to verify the colors. It look from the pic that the "blue" is overspray.
majicwrench

Post by majicwrench »

The diagram shows a Light Blue/white and a Green white wire going to the Gear Engaged switch on the tranny. This then sends a signal to the Divertor relay.
ammonite

Post by ammonite »

I have attached the wires as per your configuration but further investigation has shown that my white with black stripe and one of the light blue with white stripe are not attached on the other end. Where do they go to? I wish I could just refer to a wiring diagram and follow it's direction. The artigue wiring diagram for the 1978 is very unhelpful. The colors do not match nor do the number of wires connected to the Hazard Switch - HELP! Can anyone take more than a minute or two to make a few loose comments?
ammonite

Post by ammonite »

majicwrench wrote:Those two orphan wires in truck, I would be tempted to cut back the covering over that harness, so you can get to some wires that aren't faded or painted over, to verify the colors. It look from the pic that the "blue" is overspray.
I assume you mean 'trunk' rather than 'truck'? The two wires are red with a blue stripe. Another post said that his '78 had them as well and that he thought they were for testing. True?
majicwrench

Post by majicwrench »

OK my big ole fingers don't tipe well. Yes I meant trunk.
I doubt they are for testing.
I have some old manuals, gonna go take a look.
Keith
majicwrench

Post by majicwrench »

In the pic those orphan wires in the TRUNK don't look red/blu, but it is just a pic. The only thing I see even close in the wiring diagrams is the fuel sender unit, with a red/grey wire and a pink.
ammonite

Post by ammonite »

You are right! They are not red with blue stripe. One is dark blue with red stripe and the other is light blue with white stripe. :oops:
124JOE

Post by 124JOE »

they are located right by the pass tail light
all lights are hooked up
2 wires loose w/white plugs
ammonite

Post by ammonite »

ammonite wrote:
124JOE wrote:ill go snap some pics

heres my hazzard
I have attached the wires as per your configuration but further investigation has shown that my white with black stripe and one of the light blue with white stripe are not attached on the other end. Where do they go to?
124JOE

Post by 124JOE »

it apears that white with a black stipe is ground,continuity test it
the blue with white stripe gives or gets power from the brake light indicator and something else.if its always dead it gives.
the switch does that

have you found a grey with white? that was"in my pic"where your red one was

you said you changed it to my config. can i have a pic?

also do you need more pics?joe