Won't start

Gotta love that wiring . . .
chico

Won't start

Post by chico »

So I changed the oil, transmission oil and the dif oil on the 78 fiat and now it won't start. I relize the repairs I did should not effect the way the car starts but who know. So the car will turn over their is smell of gas and their is no spark. Replaced the coil and still no start. Wher do I go from here? Would changing to an electronic distributer system not require a signal from the ignition module or what advise can I get? Thanks in advance because someone always knows the answers here. Rob
124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Re: Won't start

Post by 124JOE »

with the key on test the coils red or positive leed "from the key"it should have 12 volts
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com
divace73
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat 124 Spider Silver

Re: Won't start

Post by divace73 »

if it is the standard fiat electronic ignition all the module does is to provide the on/off state for the spark.
You should get a pulsing 12v signal from the -ve side of the coil while it is cranking.
Ensure the white cable from the dizzy is plugged into the bottom part of the emodule, the whole aluminium casing need to be earthed as well.
hope the above helps??
Cheers David
-=1980 silver Fiat 124 Spider=-
If you want to see pics of my car (and other random stuff) >>click here<< OR
see my >>You tube channel<<