Seat swap?

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
SanRafaelFaz

Seat swap?

Post by SanRafaelFaz »

My project for this week is to do something about my seats. Driver's side is torn all to hell, foam is crumbling on the back rest, seat portion is intact but flattened out pretty bad. Thanks to Matt I have a nice replacement for both. Here's what I'm wondering, however. Since my passenger seat is in pretty good shape, can I swap out the entire seat, frame and all, with the driver's side, and vice versa?
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Seat swap?

Post by azruss »

Yes you can swap. your controls will be on the wrong side and if you have a shoulder belt, the loop will be on the wrong side.
SanRafaelFaz

Post by SanRafaelFaz »

azruss wrote:Yes you can swap. your controls will be on the wrong side and if you have a shoulder belt, the loop will be on the wrong side.
Great! Thanks for the info. I ditched my shoulder belts years ago. And I can live with the ass-backwards controls. :lol:
donerehart
Your car is a: 1976 spider

Post by donerehart »

I have a passenger seat on the driver side and it won't slide back and forth because the spin knob for seatback adjustment hits the center console... fyi...
76 Spider
St. Louis, MO
SanRafaelFaz

Post by SanRafaelFaz »

donerehart wrote:I have a passenger seat on the driver side and it won't slide back and forth because the spin knob for seatback adjustment hits the center console... fyi...
Just got finished swapping mine. So far, so good. The adjustment knob seems to clear the console as far as I need it to. What year is yours?
donerehart
Your car is a: 1976 spider

Post by donerehart »

mine is a 76 with an 81 seat...
76 Spider
St. Louis, MO
grittracing

Post by grittracing »

i have 68 seat in a 80 spider and had no problems