No Turn Signals

Gotta love that wiring . . .
rellispider

No Turn Signals

Post by rellispider »

I Recently bought a 1978 spider and previous owner dropped the front bumper and cut the wires to the turn signals. I reconneted the front turn signals and work as maker lights, replaced turn signals flasher(under the steerling wheel) and bulbs in rear. Still no turn signals. What's next?
azygoustoyou

Re: No Turn Signals

Post by azygoustoyou »

Is the ground connected good?
rellispider

Post by rellispider »

Yep. Checked ground in front and back.
boogiedude
Your car is a: 1978 spider 1800

Post by boogiedude »

The turn signals are dependent on the hazard switch bring hooked up and functional. Make sure its connected well.

Are you getting any response when you operate the turn signal stock? Single click? Nothing at all?
rellispider

Post by rellispider »

Sometimes a single click.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

I don't have a diagram for the 78 but I have one for an 80 that I think is similar.

I would check for voltage at the flasher connections. The dark blue wire has 12 volts on it. Depending on the position of the Hazard switch this 12 volts either comes from fuse a (for normal turn signals) and is present in start and run position of the ignition switch. In the hazard position the 12 volts comes from fuse I and is 12 volts all the time.

I would check to be sure each light assemble works both as signal and parking light. There is a 2 prong connector near the grounding pods on each fender that has the front signal/parking light wires in it. The blue is signal the tan is parking power.

If your parking lights work I think that means your ground connection is good. If neither the parking lite or or signal lite work for a light assemble the nit's ground could be the cause.

I purchased a flasher from Autozone and found it not compatible with my 81 Spider. I purchased a second one from one of our vendors and it fixed my problem.
rellispider

Post by rellispider »

It was the hazard switch. Thanks for the help!