Replacement Fuse Box?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
DougC

Replacement Fuse Box?

Post by DougC »

Has anyone replaced the fuse box with something more modern on their Spider? If so, what do you recommend, and how difficult was it?

Thanks,

Doug
Fiatmonkey

Re: Replacement Fuse Box?

Post by Fiatmonkey »

Wow no one has an idea for this.... Well it's simple actually.

Aftermarket fuse boxes are sold at most auto parts store nation wide or jegs.com or summit.com... Well you know the places like Wal-Mart. Get any box that has AT LEAST the the same number as fuses as a Fiat. Then really is simply finding the space to mount that puppy. In the glove box would work or deep in the dash probably (depends what you get). The glove box would be the easiest to access later. Once your area is determined look at how much wireing you will need to move the box. The is almost no way to simply plug-n-play (sorry). Now if you do some SERIOUS looking you might find a box small enough to fit where the stock goes, but that will take a lot more research than my Monkey Brain can handle.

BUT THIS IS DO-ABLE so if you really want it then by god do it!

Fuses!
opus10583
Your car is a: 1978 CS1

Post by opus10583 »

Hi,

This gentleman seems to have the requisite experience:

http://www.birdmanferrari.com/fusebox_upgrade.htm

I wonder what kind of batch minimum we'd have to pull together to get him to bite?

Who's interested?

Mark
...Yes; I know what it means: Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino.

DOLCETTO: 1978 CS1; 10:1, DMS, 4-2-1...
ANDIAMMO: 2012 500 ABARTH

Acquista il Biglietto; Prendere la Gita! - Hunter S. Thompson
zachmac
Your car is a: 1978 Spider [1979 2 ltr engine]

Post by zachmac »

You can find a very nice write up with step by step illistrations on the Mirafiori spider web site under the FAQ electrics section. http://www.mirafiori.com/faq/content/fu ... eblock.htm
Jeff Klein, Aiken, SC
1980 FI Spider, Veridian with Tan (sold about a year ago), in the market for another project
1989 Spider, sold
2008 Mercedes SL65
2008 S600 Mercedes V12