My new tail lights

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
racydave

Post by racydave »

I stand humbilly corrected! cant wait to see them mounted (on the car )
Danno

Post by Danno »

So Cal Mark wrote:along with that solenoid release I hope you make provisions for an emergency release in case the solenoid fails.
we'll see about the method for doing this, but basically all I need is a wire to pull. Right now I open it by pulling on a little string I can grab that hangs out the lock hole. Just have to find a cable to route to the cabin, like in the backseat or something. Even finding the brake lever/line off of a trashed bike might be an idea (or a hood or trunk release off a car at a junkyard). I'll have to get back to you on that solution.
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

just a thin cable with a loop hanging out under the back seat will do it. That's what Fiat used in the X and on the early 124 hoods
manoa matt
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Spider 1800

Post by manoa matt »

I second that about an auxillary release. Especially if you have a battery cutoff switch, I learned the hard way and had to drill a hole in the body behind the license plate to pop the lock. (thanks Mark) An aftermarket 72 inch throttle cable will do the trick for about $6 Plan it out with as few turns and corners as possible, otherwise it will be too hard to pull.

Matt
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

So Cal Mark wrote:along with that solenoid release I hope you make provisions for an emergency release in case the solenoid fails.

or, if the battery dies....
racydave

Post by racydave »

Dan, the tail-light boards do nothing fancy, but the feed for the r/side goes thru the L/side. Id use an ordinary 12V test light. And were waitin for pics!!! 8)