mistery pink/blk & yellow/blk under seat??

Gotta love that wiring . . .
whiterabbit

mistery pink/blk & yellow/blk under seat??

Post by whiterabbit »

Pulled the driver seat to weld,brace,reinforce,repair,restore the darn thing. Tired of the gangst'a lean! I found two wires that went from the main harness along the door opening to nowhere :shock: ! pink/blk and yellow/blk with spade connectors and covers just wadded up under the carpet. OMG! How can my car run with wires going nowhere! :wink:
Looked at my wiring diagrams and found nothing. My seat belt clips (short floppy agrivating type)dont have any electrical connections. What do they go to???? How can I keep my electrical "juice" from running out the open ends? :lol: :lol:
Thanks all.
fiat218
Your car is a: 1969 124 AS spider

Re: mistery pink/blk & yellow/blk under seat??

Post by fiat218 »

question is, WHAT does not work lol
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1970 Fiat Spider BS1 ( FOR SALE
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath
2018 Alfa Romeo 4c Spider
whiterabbit

Post by whiterabbit »

Well they don't go to the ignition. Car runs great and purrs like a kitten. They might go to my windshield washer bottle that's missing, but unless that bottle mounts in the trunk or on the drivers seat I can rule that out. :roll: My door chime even works! "Tinkle,Tinkle,Tinkle,Tinkle". The wife giggles every time she hears that! :lol:
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Post by TX82FIAT »

At work so i don't have the wiring diagram in front of me. does your fasten seat belt light work? Most of these just shut off even if the seat belts are not fastened? At least that has been the case on two of my spiders.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
kmac33
Your car is a: 1974 Spider

Post by kmac33 »

Those sound like the seat belt interlock switch wires. I have yet to see a Spider that still has the system connected.
Kevin McMullen

1974 Fiat Spider - Restoration Complete! But the mods/refinements continue
1980 Fiat Spider
2013 Subaru WRX
TronDD
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat 2000

Post by TronDD »

Yes, they are for the seatbelt light. Mine are there and connected to the latch. The light on the dash never turns off so something isn't working, but the wires are there. :)

Tim.
1979 Fiat 2000
1986 Trabant
1969 Chevelle
2003 Jetta TDI (Daily driver)
gchocevar
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina 2000

Post by gchocevar »

I have a 79 with the same problem. These are wires are for the seat belt switch. Whether I connect them or not the light stays on.I think my problem is from the seat belt delay switch under the glove compartment (remove liner). It's the third device in the relay lineup counting from the front the front of the car. Mine is a SIPEA 0218. My schematic does not give any more information.

Anyway the seat belts are not tested until this time delay occurs. After this delay the seat belt is tested to see if it made or not. So the light stays on until the test is made. If the delay is shot the light always stays on. Your buzzer is probably on also if it is connected. For some reason the handbrake switch goes to this time delay relay also, and my brake light switch is also on all the time, It is not the fluid level because I tested that switch and the brake switch.

I see Vick has them in their catalog on page 25. For me, I am removing the bulb like everyone else.

Have fun!
TronDD
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat 2000

Post by TronDD »

Interesting. My brake light works correctly, just the seat belt light never goes out. No buzzer, either, so that must have been "fixed" previously. I thought the problem would be in the buckle but I'll have to check the delay relay.

Tim.
1979 Fiat 2000
1986 Trabant
1969 Chevelle
2003 Jetta TDI (Daily driver)
whiterabbit

Post by whiterabbit »

Yep, for the buckle. But mine has no wiring comming from it. Unless the PO swapped them out for these aggrvating short floppy ones. :? Chime/delay works fine with door open and key in and no brake warning light.
Thanks all