Alternator diagram or maybe you know

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Fiat1980spyder
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat Spider 2000 Fuel injected

Alternator diagram or maybe you know

Post by Fiat1980spyder »

I disassembled the alternator to install new bearings and put everything back together, got up to the pulley and had all those components in order face down turned to my left and bang all fell to the floor, its been a few days since disassembling and now i don't remember the order of the parts.
i have a small washer which i think goes first, then a big washer which i believe goes second, then the fan which i believe is third, then the pulley half which i think is 4th, then the other half which is 5th, then a big washer with a 28mm head which helps to untighten the screw in front, then a spring washer and a bolt. Is this correct or is something out of order?
eddy314

Re: Alternator diagram or maybe you know

Post by eddy314 »

Funny, That is exactly what heppened to me. When I took it apart I felt for sure how it all went because it was common sense so I didn't bother to make a note. Now two weeks later and I've been scouring everywhere to find a diagram.. I found one but it lacks an adequate picture.

After many attempts this is the order I think it goes.

1st - dark grey washer with small diameter on one end and larger diameter on the other- small end towards alt
2 - fan - blades inward
3 - smaller grey keyed washer
4 - large washer plate
5 - pulley
6 - lock washer
7 - nut