turn signals dont work when lights on

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Catlover

turn signals dont work when lights on

Post by Catlover »

so for some reason my turn signals dont work when i turn my lights on. anyone have an idea why that happens? They work in the daytime when the lights are off
grittracing

Re: turn signals dont work when lights on

Post by grittracing »

GROUND CONNECTORS,GROUND CONNECTORS,GROUND CONNECTORS,GROUND CONNECTORS,GROUND CONNECTORS

not to be over said. didnt believe it either had alot of elctrical issuse to and a frind told me to sand them and clean them all and elctrical jelly ! solved all of my issues !. "the bottle cap " ground connectors on either front fender BIG BIG BIG issue CLEAN them
Catlover

Post by Catlover »

thanks! i will clean them once it gets cooler in Chicago. We're on that 95 degree weather :oops: :mrgreen:
So the ground connection could be disabling all the turning lights? i have no front signals (just the side markers) and the rear. is there specific ones i should be looking at? im a newbie by the way :| :| :lol: :shock: :oops:
majicwrench

Post by majicwrench »

You should get a test light and/or a voltmeter and TEST grounds before cleaning them.
Basicly, tun lights and/or TS on, get access to the bulb sockets w the bulb in em, ground test light, touch probe to bulb socket and the base of the bulb. Neither should show any voltage or light. If there is volt on bulb base or bulb socket, it is because it is not well grounded. Now find the ground points for that bulbs wiring.
Improper bulbs also can be an issue.
Keith