Distributor cap part numbers anyone ?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
124cso

Distributor cap part numbers anyone ?

Post by 124cso »

I am trying to locate a replacement/spare distributor cap for my 79 Spider 2000 FI with pointsless ignition. As these were never brought to my part of the world, it is proving difficult. The 1608cc BC Coupes came here but my cap is about an inch taller to accomodate the module.
Can anyone tell me the part number for the correct cap so I can look at cross-reference charts ?
Either a Marelli, Bremi, Bosch or lucas number anyone ??
My cap has no numbering on it and is of the 'flat top' type.
gchocevar
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina 2000

Re: Distributor cap part numbers anyone ?

Post by gchocevar »

Hi,

I have a 79 Pininfarina Spider with a carb. The distirbuter that cam with these models was a Magneti Marelli. The cap on mine says Bonina, and it has a slanted top. These should be easy to come by new here in the states.

Good luck,
Greg
124cso

Post by 124cso »

gchocevar wrote: These should be easy to come by new here in the states.

Good luck,
Greg
Yes, various suppliers on ebay, but as the spider never was imported here(RHD country), is not listed as a part in any parts dealer's books here.
Consequently, if I can get part numbers, they may cross reference to another car that did come here. Too many ebay sellers don't seem to know how to post a parcel overseas ! ?
sams

Post by sams »

[quote="124cso"][quote="gchocevar"] These should be easy to come by new here in the states.

Good luck,
Greg[/quote]

Yes, various suppliers on ebay, but as the spider never was imported here(RHD country), is not listed as a part in any parts dealer's books here.
Consequently, if I can get part numbers, they may cross reference to another car that did come here. Too many ebay sellers don't seem to know how to post a parcel overseas ! ?[/quote]

I'm sure if you ask most will be willing to ship. Sometimes when listing on Ebay it's just default / easier to check the box for no international shipping.
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

I believe the oem Fiat number was 9921509 but I'll have to verify that