Turn Signal Woes SOLVED

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Zulu

Turn Signal Woes SOLVED

Post by Zulu »

UPDATE: A lot simpler issue than I feared, just a corroded connector.

I have the bumpers removed on my '75 Spider, and so I have just put in some temporary marker lights I got from Pep Boys, wired up as the front turn signals and mounted to the front grill. The left signal works, in the front and the back. The right rear turn signal does not work, however the right front turn signal comes on very lightly, non-blinking. I have checked continuity on the light socket for the right rear, and the bulb is good. The hazards do not work at all.

From what I have read, the turn signals and hazard lights all use the same flasher, and so now I am at a total loss. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

-Austin
Last edited by Zulu on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seabeelt
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: Fiat Spider - 1971 BS1

Re: Turn Signal Woes

Post by seabeelt »

Did they work properly before you removed the bumpers and installed the aftermarket ones? If so, its probably in the wiring that you used to attache the new lights with; Otherwise you will need to get a test light/multimeter and a copy of the wiring diagram to start your troubleshooting. Start from where you have the problem and start working backward until you get good voltage and a good ground.
Michael and Deborah Williamson
1971 Spider -Tropie’ - w screaming IDFs
1971 Spider - Vesper -scrapped
1979 Spider - Seraphina - our son's car now sold
1972 Spider - Tortellini- our son's current
Zulu

Re: Turn Signal Woes

Post by Zulu »

Thank you for the advice, but it was a lot less complicated than I feared; one of the spade connectors was corroded. I feel kind of silly now for making the fuss.