removing rear and front light assembly

Gotta love that wiring . . .
mik
Your car is a: 1969 124 Spider Convertible

removing rear and front light assembly

Post by mik »

I am preparing the '69 124 AS Spider for stripping and repainting. Learning along the way. When I take the lens covers off the light assembly, I am stumped as to how to go about removing it. In the front turn signal assembly I am left with a silver shield of some sort and similar in the rear light assembly. I don't want to damage anything, what will it take to get them removed? Thank you, Mik
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: removing rear and front light assembly

Post by azruss »

on the front. look in the wheel well. you will see the lamp housing is held to the fender with a U-shaped bracket that is held on with a single nut in the middle. I couldnt locate an old taillight to confirm, but i think it is held on with a small nut in each corner. again you find those in the trunk. they may be recessed in the rear double panel. these are small and easily broken, so spray them down with WD-40 or the like and be easy on them. (I want to say a 10mm socket is the fit).
mik
Your car is a: 1969 124 Spider Convertible

Re: removing rear and front light assembly

Post by mik »

Thanks for the help. Got the rear assembly out. I see how the front assembly comes out, but a little afraid of breaking anything off. Will give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks again.