Found cut wires, need help to identify please.

Gotta love that wiring . . .
kensmith

Found cut wires, need help to identify please.

Post by kensmith »

I found a cut wire and a wire that appears to be disconnected with a plastic clip attached. They are located under the rear area of the center console on my 1978 124 spider. One wire is brown with white stripe and is attached to a heavy black wire which is cut. The other wire is a small black wire with a plastic clip.

Fiat88

Re: Found cut wires, need help to identify please.

Post by Fiat88 »

Easy one. That brown wire with a white stripe is to the handbrake but is missing a a part, vic auto has replacement ones. The small thin one is a fiber optic light which goes to the heater control bezel, on my '79 I have 4 of them which traces back to a bulb underneath the dash.
kensmith

Post by kensmith »

Fiat88 wrote:Easy one. That brown wire with a white stripe is to the handbrake but is missing a a part, vic auto has replacement ones. The small thin one is a fiber optic light which goes to the heater control bezel, on my '79 I have 4 of them which traces back to a bulb underneath the dash.
Thanks.......what does the handbrake wire do? Go to an idiot light?
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

kensmith wrote:
Fiat88 wrote:Easy one. That brown wire with a white stripe is to the handbrake but is missing a a part, vic auto has replacement ones. The small thin one is a fiber optic light which goes to the heater control bezel, on my '79 I have 4 of them which traces back to a bulb underneath the dash.
Thanks.......what does the handbrake wire do? Go to an idiot light?
Yeah when the handbrake is applied the brake light indicator in the center of the dash lights up. When I got my car, mine was broken like yours. Except on my '79 the wire is black and violet.