Sometimes things happen for a reason!

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Fiat88

Sometimes things happen for a reason!

Post by Fiat88 »

I'm kind of glad my old radiator leaked in september because if it didn't I probably wouldn't have taken another look at my cars wiring. I'm in the process fixing all the lazy wire repairs/bad splices I can find. Don't you hate it when you find the PO or PO's just twisted wires together and put electrical tape when doing repairs. :shock: I'm going over the harness and soldering then shrink wrapping any wire splices. I've found at least 4-5 sloppy repairs. Also, another thing to look at is those big white plastic connectors that hold 6-10 wire terminals as I found dust build up inside them, so cleaning those too. Still gotta buy my new radiator. :lol:

So double check your wiring guys for potential shorts and fire hazards. :idea:
TVST*R

Re: Sometimes things happen for a reason!

Post by TVST*R »

Check out Marks Alum Rad...great install on my car.
Fiat88 wrote:I'm kind of glad my old radiator leaked in september because if it didn't I probably wouldn't have taken another look at my cars wiring. I'm in the process fixing all the lazy wire repairs/bad splices I can find. Don't you hate it when you find the PO or PO's just twisted wires together and put electrical tape when doing repairs. :shock: I'm going over the harness and soldering then shrink wrapping any wire splices. I've found at least 4-5 sloppy repairs. Also, another thing to look at is those big white plastic connectors that hold 6-10 wire terminals as I found dust build up inside them, so cleaning those too. Still gotta buy my new radiator. :lol:

So double check your wiring guys for potential shorts and fire hazards. :idea:
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

lol, what the heck is .5 of an electrical repair? Not completely melted?
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

I don't see that in the post, but it must mean a half assed repair. We all know what that entails. :shock:
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

mdrburchette wrote:I don't see that in the post, but it must mean a half assed repair. We all know what that entails. :shock:
I gotta admit that I am redoing a few earlier repairs that I didn't fix very good at the time myself. Didn't know jack about wiring then but learned a lot over the last 2 years of owning the fiat. :lol: