replacement seat experience anybody?

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
Ptoneill
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider 2000

Re: replacement seat experience anybody?

Postby Ptoneill » Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 pm

I have just found a pair of leather buckets from a late model Pontiac GTO, I am deciding whether or not to buy them the seller wants 500 for the pair. They are all leather with full power options. I had to remove the power adjustment assembly because the seat would sit too high. The seats drop right in although both runner bolts are about 1/2 inch to the inside of the existing rails.

Unfortunately photobucket is currently down.....so I will add pictures in the morning

Ok now it's back up!

If I get these I was thinking of having the "GTO" covered with an Italian flag or something similar.
Stay Safe,

Pat
79spider
HAVE FUN!! It's a FIAT!!
ptoneill@msn.com
http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l504/ptoneill/

BryanHubbard
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider Convertible

Postby BryanHubbard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Is there some way to expand the foam OR shrink the covers to make a tighter fit. I've just replace the seat cover on my 79 and it's very wrinkly. Let me know if anyone has thoughts.

DieselSpider
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider with Isuzu Turbo Diesel

Postby DieselSpider » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:48 pm

BryanHubbard wrote:Is there some way to expand the foam OR shrink the covers to make a tighter fit. I've just replace the seat cover on my 79 and it's very wrinkly. Let me know if anyone has thoughts.

Spraying the back side of the seat covers with a light mist of water can help relax the backing which will then tighten as it dries giving you a better fit.

Return to “Custom Stuff”