blinkers

Gotta love that wiring . . .
walker

blinkers

Postby walker » Tue May 30, 2006 8:18 pm

Newbie here. 1970 spider. got everything going but the 4 way blinkers. don't work at all. gonna double check fuses in a few moments but thot I'd ask the experts for any input since I don't have a book yet. What a cute little car. I'm gonna love the summer even more.

mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Postby mdrburchette » Tue May 30, 2006 8:26 pm

Are you able to hear the flasher clicking when turning on the 4-way switch?

pertyfly

Postby pertyfly » Wed May 31, 2006 12:01 am

Do your blinkers worked?!? On mine, when I disconnected the 4-way switch, the blinkers don't work either. When I first got it practically nothing worked. I looked in behind and found that it was just disconnected. Once I plugged it in, it was all good.

walker

nope

Postby walker » Wed May 31, 2006 8:31 pm

Turn signals work ok, but the dash indicator shows both flashing. I get nothing with the 4 ways. I found a blown fuse and though I don't have a book yet, I believe its for the blinkers. Have to get a fuse tomorrow.
I hated to ask questions before looking more deeply but I really wanted to get this on the road. I appreciate all the replys. I will come back in a day or two. :roll:

mdrburchette

Postby mdrburchette » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:39 am

Both arrows on the dash will flash at the same time. There's only one bulb. The hazard switch may be at fault or the connectors to it.

walker

onward I go

Postby walker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:05 pm

Thank you mdrburchette. I was not aware of that. Shows my naivete with these autos. My new fuse did nothing that I can tell, except it seems when I turn on the 4 way flashers now, sometimes I here a click of a relay. Guess I am going to have to get my book with schematics. I have a bid on a Clymer on ebay. Guess it will take some time. Thanks to all for their input. :P

mdrburchette

Postby mdrburchette » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:57 pm

From what I remember, there is no fuse for just the flashers. The turn signals run through the same flasher unit so if they work, the flashers should. If you need a good copy of the 70 wiring schematic, I found a factory manual I forgot I had and it has a nice schematic in it.

walker

Postby walker » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Thank you. Can I buy the manual or can you fax or email a copy of the schematic? Makes sense that they would use only one flasher, it may well be the switch like someone already suggested. They would have to have a way of getting both sides thru the relay and the switch is the likely route. I have to tear out that section of the dash. Thats my chore for tomorrow. Again thanks. :)

walker

Not the switch

Postby walker » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:41 pm

Ok. Dash torn apart, not the switch. May be the wiring to the switch, but I think I tried about every combination I can think of. Guess I gotta wait for my Clymer manual I got on Ebay. Thanks for all the help. :?

mdrburchette

Postby mdrburchette » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:05 am

I sent you a pm but I guess you didn't get it. Email me at spiderlady@earthlink.net and I'll get your info.

Return to “Electrical Issues”