Ignition inputs and out puts after extracting aftermarket alarm

Gotta love that wiring . . .
MrGreen
Your car is a: 1980 Spider 2000

Ignition inputs and out puts after extracting aftermarket alarm

Postby MrGreen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Trying to piece my 1980 spider ignition/FI wiring after pulling an aftermarket alarm system and associated burned wires. There are three old fashioned relays with the only identifying marks “made in USA”. One is behind the ignition switch that seems to intercept the pink from the ign and send a wire to another relay just before the coil. The second relay, at the coil, intercepts something coming from the starter and then to the + coil. The third is on the left side of the engine compartment and intercepts the red wire from the ignition to the starter.
Questions:
1. Should the pink wire run straight to the positive on the coil(that’s how it looks on the Artigue wiring dia)
2. Should the black wire from the ign be going back out to the engine compartment directly
3. There is a pink wire joining up with the green black fuel pump wire I don’t see on the diagram
4. There is also a black wire coming off where the brown wire gives off the brown/white wire that goes to the FI relay. Its currently homeless since I cant figure how it relates to the alarm-motion-sensing-remote-starting time bomb found in my dash.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Re: Ignition inputs and out puts after extracting aftermarket alarm

Postby spider2081 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 am

I find the Fiat published "Spider 2000 Electrical Diagnostic Manual 1980-1981" most helpful in understanding our cars.

Its on Mirafiori.com in the library. You have to be a registered member of the site and signed in to access their library.
Another location is http://www.njfiats.org Look under pull down menu "resources" then "Manuals & Guides" its a little over 1/2 way down this list.

It has great wire diagrams and circuit explanations

Return to “Electrical Issues”