Bumperless Lights Install

Gotta love that wiring . . .
budzinsk
Your car is a: 1984 Fiat Spider

Bumperless Lights Install

Postby budzinsk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone. I am trying to install the bumperless turn signal lights, but I am not sure I am doing it right. I have shaved off quite a bit of the bumper hole and they still do not fit. Can you look at the pictures and let me know if I am doing this right?

Thanks!

budzinsk

Re: Bumperless Lights Install

Postby budzinsk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:33 am

Hi. Just checking to see if anyone has pictures of the size hole they needed to create to insert the lights. I was hoping I would only need to enlarge the hole a little bit so if I wanted to put the original bumpers on I could. Does anyone have any details on size of the hole and/or positioning of the light going into it?

Thanks much!
Rob

So Cal Mark
Your car is a: Fiat

Postby So Cal Mark » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 am

only remove material from the top and bottom of the hole
Mark Allison
allisonsautomotive.com Fiat and Alfa Romeo parts and service. Performance parts our specialty!
Headers, ignitions, wheels, cams, flywheels
starsmark@hotmail.com 909-981-3566

budzinsk

Postby budzinsk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks. That is what I did - although my picture is not too clear. How much is typically required to remove? Is my position of the light ok?

81SPIDERMATT
Your car is a: 1981 spider 2000

Postby 81SPIDERMATT » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:45 pm

take out till it fits .... mine ended up just like you have in your pic ... the fatter side of the housing to the outside and the screws that hold the lens are "almost horizontal" .... I remember just liking the way that it fit against the car ... I also remember that to me it sorta looked cross eyed when looking at both lights ... like maybe they should have spun 180 degrees ... but really did not like the way they laid against the car that way ... but at the same time I had just removed the front bumpers so I was sorta love struck with that look and did not care that the lights seemed a bit off ... now I cant imagine them any other way ... Matt

edit .... after looking at your pic mine are 90 degrees different than yours

budzinsk

Postby budzinsk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks. I did not realize how bad the pics were I uploaded. Here is a better one. Are you saying you are installing it differently than this?

ImageLight 3 by budzinsk, on Flickr

81SPIDERMATT
Your car is a: 1981 spider 2000

Postby 81SPIDERMATT » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am

ok that last pic looks just like mine ... maybe I am wrong but that first set of pics looks different than the last ... no? .... Matt

Return to “Electrical Issues”