CAD (DXF, SVG, vector, etc.) drawing for 34 ADF top gasket

Keep it on topic, it will make it easier to find what you need.
stuartrubin
Your car is a: 1975 Fiat 124 Spider

CAD (DXF, SVG, vector, etc.) drawing for 34 ADF top gasket

Postby stuartrubin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Does anyone by chance have CAD drawings for the 34 ADF gasket which goes between the top and main body of the carb? It's the one which looks like an owl (yes, the bird). Mine tore and I'd like to laser-cut a new one. I'd take any kind of vector (DXF, svg, etc.) or even a PDF.

Thanks

Stuart
Stuart
1975 FIAT 124 Spider
Il Mostro di Frankenstein

stuartrubin
Your car is a: 1975 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: CAD (DXF, SVG, vector, etc.) drawing for 34 ADF top gasket

Postby stuartrubin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:35 pm

I created what I think is a pretty accurate DXF file of the top gasket. If anyone needs it let me know. Here's a photo of it in place:

As an aside, I was surprised that I could not find this drawing on the Internet when typically you can find ANYTHING you can dream of on the Internet. That got me thinking: maybe there's a need for a universal database of CAD, STL (3d print), etc. for parts which people need to make on their own. In doing research, I know a lot of folks painstakingly trace old gaskets and go at it with an xacto knife. Then there are people like me who spend some time making a good model of the part but no one can even benefit from it. I'm envisioning a search engine for any part for any car which may need to be reproduced, along with people's notes and photos. It won't be forever that you can just buy some NOS gasket...
Stuart
1975 FIAT 124 Spider
Il Mostro di Frankenstein

Return to “Engine and Tuning”