webber 40 IDF adjustment problems

Keep it on topic, it will make it easier to find what you need.
alsaleen
Your car is a: 1979 spider 2000

webber 40 IDF adjustment problems

Postby alsaleen » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Ive been on here asking a lot of questions the last two years, I was able to get the engine and trans ect in the car but have had extraordinarily bad luck when it comes to shops doing my suspension and carb adjustment work.

I now have a problem with the adjustment screw on #4 cylinder, apparently when adjusted it makes no change to the air/fuel mixture. if you screw it all the way in and back out nothing changes. these are new (almost two years ago and only ran for about an hour)

I posted the other day about timing because the shop that is supposed to be setting the timing and adjusting my carbs (third go around) insisted they needed the cam belt cover to set timing, got that squared away after help from the forum and telling him to look at the manuals i gave them.

This is week three of the car being there, and I've been waiting sense last year to be able to drive this car, I'm at my wits end as i don't think I'm capable of adjusting the carbs.

any pointers on what could be wrong with the adjustment screw, or a shop in the Milwaukee/Chicago area that has experience? most in my area don't want to touch the carb.

Return to “Engine and Tuning”