123 Electronic distributor install tips needed

Keep it on topic, it will make it easier to find what you need.
Boris61
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1984 Pininfarina

123 Electronic distributor install tips needed

Postby Boris61 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:20 am

I bought AR's 123 distributor upgrade and coil a few months ago to replace the stock unit on my '84 2000 (64k mi). I ruined the original by not setting the gap on mag pickup correctly. Anyway, I always wanted to upgrade it. But after my epic failure with the original I'm hesitant to jump in to the install of the new expensive electronic one without some advice. First, do I need to reset valve timing? There was contact and wear on the lobes, but engine ran until I realized my mistake and shut it down. What about the vacuum advance? Curve setting recommended? Other tips, tricks or cautions from those that have installed this unit successfully. The instructions are rather simple and essentially say "remove and replace". Can it be that easy?
By the way I searched forums first and didn't find much. Also the new, no longer ad-free, site interface doesn't work well with iPhone since search results are cut off on the right side and links to posts are not accessible. Also when a post is selected one has to scroll up to the top to read it. Thanks!

So Cal Mark
Your car is a: Fiat

Re: 123 Electronic distributor install tips needed

Postby So Cal Mark » Sun May 21, 2017 8:32 pm

can't help with your distributor issue but the site issues should be in a separate post under Discussions About the Site so that Evan is made aware.
Mark Allison
allisonsautomotive.com Fiat and Alfa Romeo parts and service. Performance parts our specialty!
Headers, ignitions, wheels, cams, flywheels
starsmark@hotmail.com 909-981-3566

Return to “Engine and Tuning”