Yugo bankruptcy

Anything goes (within forum guidelines of course)
divace73
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat 124 Spider Silver

Re: Yugo bankruptcy

Postby divace73 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:32 am

Cheers David
-=1980 silver Fiat 124 Spider=-
If you want to see pics of my car (and other random stuff) >>click here<< OR
see my >>You tube channel<<

djape1977
Your car is a: 1970 fiat 124bc

Re: Yugo bankruptcy

Postby djape1977 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:08 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what i thought was imperial, typed colonial because in my native tounge it's pretty much the same thing

anyhow, Yugo was not the brightest example of what industry of old Yugoslavia was capable of. honestly, it's a cheap car leaving a lot to be desired. list of flaws is long, biggest of all being build quality.
other stuff, weapons and industrial equipment for example, were top notch, and in today's era of chinese sh*** quality stuff, those old machines are sought after and still widely used, 25years after most of production was ceased when dissolution of country begun in 1991.

speaking of weapons, i'm no fan of idea of guns in hands of civilians, but i did use them during my days in the army. AK47 (zastava m78) rifle i was given in the beginning of service was zastava made in 1978 and it worked flawlessly during basic training, despite it being obviously very worn. during basic training i had 28 live ammo training sessions firing off over 1000 rounds and i'm happy to report that up to 300meters it was very accurate and never jammed.
after that, i was issued with PKM machine gun, zastava m84, also frequently used for target practice, 300rounds once a week, and also happy to report it never jammed and was extremely accurate up to 1000meters. after 150 round burst barrel was glowing orange and yet 2 minutes later i used it as a sniper firing off single rounds at target 800meters away with extreme accuracy.
luckily i never fired off a round at a living thing and i hope i never will.

zastava weapons plant is still working and is actually one of rare industries that survived onslaught of predatory capitalism that burried most other companies in past 15 years

Return to “Off Topic & Social”