Anyone

Discuss everything about the "new" 124 Spider here! The good, bad and ugly, anything goes. But keep it clean please!
fiat218
Your car is a: 1969 124 AS spider

Anyone

Postby fiat218 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:13 am

Has any one bought a new one.if so how are they ?
Jim
East Grand Forks MN
1970 Fiat Spider BS1 ( FOR SALE
1969 124 AS Spider
2017 Abrath
2018 Alfa Romeo 4c Spider

sherman
Your car is a: 2017 fiat 124

Re: Anyone

Postby sherman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:50 pm

i have a Lusso in Meteor Grey with the Premium package. Have only had for 2 weeks so far, but loving it a lot. Car handles very nice on the back roads. Very nimble and responsive enough. Very comfortable but i am only 5'4". Have to remind myself to be good with it, feel like i did back when i used to drive a ninja.

fiathead
Your car is a: 1969 Fiat Spider

Re: Anyone

Postby fiathead » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:55 pm

I just picked up a Classica yesterday. Mine is bronze over black and has zero options. It's got the superb 6 speed gearbox in it. It had all of 6 miles on it when I test drove it and was at 32 by the time I was done. It now has 167 miles on it, mostly logged in Indiana back roads south of the Indy area. I test drove an Abarth they had on the lot yesterday as well, but that one was an automatic. I did not care for the auto version, but if that's all I could get, would still be happy. The 6 speed is fantastic. The throws are nice and tight with the pedals placed well for heel and toe downshifting. I started today before sunrise on the back roads (where I took the photo below) thinking that I liked the car. By the end of the day, I was in love. At around the 100 mile mark, it all seemed to come together with the brakes gaining a much better feel as well as with my getting the feel of the clutch nailed. My normal Spider is a '69 Jerrari modified car and is much more direct in the feel. The new Spider, once you get the feel, though, seems like it's wired into your central nervous system. I can't give any reliability feedback yet with less than 200 miles on the clock, but from a drivers standpoint, this car is a winner.
Thanks,
Tim
77 Spider (Restored and sold)
76 Spider (de-parted)
69 Spider (Jerrari Modified and still here)
69 Spider (de-parted, but the ghost of this car lives in my yard barn)
68 Spider (current restoration project)
2017 Spider Classica 6 speed

Return to “NEW 124 SPIDER”