Official FIAT photos published!

Discuss everything about the "new" 124 Spider here! The good, bad and ugly, anything goes. But keep it clean please!
rdv
Your car is a: 69 AS Spider

Re: Addition: Official FIAT photos published!

Postby rdv » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:08 pm

flatlander wrote:Ralf,
Is the red in the picture you posted close to the color of the actual car that is for sale in Europe? That shade of red is the color I want to buy, but the red that is available in the US is just a plain old "stop sign" red.
Thanks

Hi,
my Picture of the red Spider is the official Picture for the Color "Passione Red" in the FIAT brochure.
(same in the car configurator)

And this ist the only red in the available Color table with 8 Colors to choose from.
The attached Picture Shows the "Red" in real.

Bye,
Ralf
69 AS Spider
-------------------------------
the Worldwide Spider Register
Be part of it and register your car(s). Starting point here:
https://www.fiatspider.de/worldwide-spider-register

DieselSpider
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider with Isuzu Turbo Diesel

Re: Official FIAT photos published!

Postby DieselSpider » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:02 am

AndyS wrote:the red in that photo is what I'd call "Photoshop red". That image is so highly digitally manipulated, its more of a graphic art image than a real photograph. I highly doubt that you will ever see an actual car in a color that looks anything like that

To my eye that's more of a conceptual 3D CAD Rendering with a color overlay approximating what it would look like in red and not an actual picture. Nicely done possibly in Bentley Microstation but still just an artificial rendering.

I made my living for almost 10 years writing MDL and Microstatiion Basic Extension programming for the CAD and Digital Mapping industry. If you use a GPS you have probably seem some of my work as the map images used by many is from scaled down image files that my team created and Geo-Referenced in Microstation by draping them over and aligning them with the spheroid of the earth. Too bad many of the XY location databases don't jive with the accuracy of the map images themselves.

flatlander
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Postby flatlander » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 pm

AndyS wrote:the red in that photo is what I'd call "Photoshop red". That image is so highly digitally manipulated, its more of a graphic art image than a real photograph. I highly doubt that you will ever see an actual car in a color that looks anything like that

Have you looked at the Fiat USA website and used the "build and price" tool? When you do, the red that comes up is a deep dark red, nothing like the red that is actually being offered. I have checked the color rendering on numerous devices and they consistently show that dark red color. I have contacted FIAT USA several times to ask why that is and they have chosen to simply ignore my question. Any thoughts?

flatlander
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Addition: Official FIAT photos published!

Postby flatlander » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:15 pm

rdv wrote:
flatlander wrote:Ralf,
Is the red in the picture you posted close to the color of the actual car that is for sale in Europe? That shade of red is the color I want to buy, but the red that is available in the US is just a plain old "stop sign" red.
Thanks

Hi,
my Picture of the red Spider is the official Picture for the Color "Passione Red" in the FIAT brochure.
(same in the car configurator)

And this ist the only red in the available Color table with 8 Colors to choose from.
The attached Picture Shows the "Red" in real.

Bye,
Ralf

Thanks,
It is plain to see that the color of the car in your original post and the color of the car in your reply to my inquiry are night and day different. There are also dozens of web postings of the Spider in a dark red that matches the color that comes up on the Fiat USA website 'color selector' and, while all of the other colors on the color selector are extremely close matches to the colors of the actual cars, the red of the actual car is not even in the same color universe as that of the red on the color selector. I am just trying to figure out why Fiat would choose to promote its car using a color that they do not offer.

aj81spider
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1974 Fiat 124 Spider

Postby aj81spider » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:56 am

I am just trying to figure out why Fiat would choose to promote its car using a color that they do not offer.

For the same reason you would launch a 2 seat sports car and a month later still not have one with a manual transmission available anywhere in New England ... because you're an incompetent company.
A.J.

1974 Fiat 124 Spider
2006 Corvette
1981 Spider 2000 (sold 2013 - never should have sold that car)

spidernut
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider Automatic

Postby spidernut » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 am

I hadn't seen any videos of the Alfa before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2sbjB111LU
John G.
1979 Spider (Owned since 2000)
1971 124 Sport Spider (Owned since 2017)
1977 Spider (Sold 2017)
1979 Spider (Disposed of in 2017)
1979 Spider (Sold 2015)
1980 Spider (Sold in 2013)
1981 Spider (Sold in 1985)
2017 Spider (Owned since 2019)

Return to “NEW 124 SPIDER”