Still looks like a Miata

Discuss everything about the "new" 124 Spider here! The good, bad and ugly, anything goes. But keep it clean please!
SunnySideUp
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000 - CSO

Re: Still looks like a Miata

Postby SunnySideUp » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:02 am

Nanonevol wrote:My biggest complaint (not that I'm about to buy one right away) about the new Spider is that it isn't a 2+2.

It would have been nice if they could have replicated the "parcel shelf" behind the front seats like that found in the '83-'85 Azzurra models and the Alfa Romeo Spiders.

I wonder how long it will be before someone drills into that new Spider rear trunk lid to mount a luggage rack! :roll:
SunnySideUp

clbrenta
Your car is a: fiat 124 spider 1973 year

Postby clbrenta » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:32 pm

bradartigue wrote:Wow, drag me into your shitpile, clbrenta? No thanks. You can be inaccurate all by your lonesome.

Thanks Dan, I realized that perhaps I was misunderstood ... with my little English knowledge.
Bradartigue,
I'm sorry if you have misunderstood the meaning of my words.
I was referring to articles published in magazines or on the web, and booklets on Pininfarina and Tom Tjaarda that all reporting the same news copied and recopied. I'm not talking to your book. I do not know if you've written a book about Pininfarina. And surely I do not allow myself to criticize anything I do not know. I do not know if this is the reason for your answer. You know, translations, languages, customs and traditions, differ from country to country, but I'm sure you'll know.
Claudio
I do not know English very well and I will use "google traslator".
Please forgive me and if you want I would be happy to be corrected.

http://www.claudiobrentaarchitetto.com/inglese/home-2

Racer7
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat Spider

Postby Racer7 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:13 pm

At least from the pictures, the new Spider does not disappoint. Went to check out a new Miata the other day, looks better in person then in Pictures. I did feel the interior was a cheap looking and feeling.

The new Fiat is defainatly an option to replace my departed 1981 Fiat Spider Turbo. Just want to see what the Abarth looks like...

124JOE
Your car is a: 1978 124 fiat spider sport 1800

Postby 124JOE » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:58 am

hello everyone this is how i see things i dont look like my grandpa dad was part grandma and mom was parts of her
parents.yes i have some of grandpas parts and i may die the same way,i dont know??

so when it comes to our 124's okay it keeps the name and some tiny part of the looks, but im happy they
are finaly doing it.

i got my 124 when it was 18 years old,if i am lucky mabey i will get to own a new one someday.

as i worked for a ford dealership, i met al capone's grand son.he has alot of his grandpas parts in him.
"they should get him to do a movie"however his life is a toatal 180 from al. military and police task force
is how he makes a living.i thought "wow he looks alot like the old pictures i have seen of the 1940's gangster"
when you do everything correct people arent sure youve done anything at all (futurama)
ul1joe@yahoo.com 124joe@gmail.com

Trickster
Your car is a: 76 124 Spider

Postby Trickster » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Not to get involved with anything but the "original" post, but I like it. Although it has its Japanese underpinnings,
(And really is that a bad thing nowadays?), it appears from the outside different and more attractive to my eyes.
I am a member of many different automotive/ motorcycle forums, and I see this site as no different. Those that
get testy and disagree is quite the norm. Still the most popular and highly contested subject.....the "oil" threads.
:mrgreen:
What have I got into? :mrgreen:

Redline
Your car is a: formerly a 1971 Fiat 124 BC Coupe

Postby Redline » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:48 am

Did someone say Italian design with Japanese underpinnings?

Sign me up for that. Yum!
http://www.124bc.com
La Dolce Vita: Joy and frustration at the speed of smoke

Trickster
Your car is a: 76 124 Spider

Postby Trickster » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:56 am

Just saw a picture of the 2017 MX-5 RF, looks very little like the 124. RF = retractable fastback.
Can be seen on Netcar app.
I like it too. :D
What have I got into? :mrgreen:

SP3
Your car is a: 1966 Ducati 250 Monza

Postby SP3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 am

Redline wrote:Did someone say Italian design with Japanese underpinnings?

Sign me up for that. Yum!

I think you meant Italian underpinnings with Japanese motive power. I like Bimotas but prefer them this way (all Italian):

http://www.pantah.eu/bilder_racing/db1r ... b1_058.jpg

not a fan of the Fiata

Redline
Your car is a: formerly a 1971 Fiat 124 BC Coupe

Postby Redline » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:45 pm

I did kind of mix that all up, didn't I? :D The brain knew what the YB3 was, but the fingers weren't cooperating. The fact that it is not an equivalent Japanese/Italian hybrid to the 124 is beside the point, because it was just an excuse to post a picture of a sexy bike.
http://www.124bc.com
La Dolce Vita: Joy and frustration at the speed of smoke

SP3
Your car is a: 1966 Ducati 250 Monza

Postby SP3 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Redline wrote: it was just an excuse to post a picture of a sexy bike.

fine by me. here's one of mine -

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=5795524C

Racer7

Postby Racer7 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Went to the NY Auto Show this weekend, was looing forward to seeing the Fiat Spider. Looking to replace my long departed and very much missed 1980 Spider Turbo.

Having previously owned a Miata was considering one of those as well. Got to say the Miata looks great in person. Very modern/attractive design. Was impressed with the fastback/hardtop. Has a bit of Dino look to it.

Then got to see the Fiat Spider. They were showing the Blue with Tan Interior. Same combo as my old car (After new owner repainted it). Was gourgous, of put a deposit on the spot. Looks bigger in person. Then I turned to my right and they had the Abarth on display. I was not expecting that. It as red, with black hood and deck. Red accents in interior and charcoal wheels. Wow! They had some images of the White with red accent and red interior. Unfortunuitly engine is the same 160HP.

A new Spider or Spider Abarth is desined for my Garage.

philbert

Postby philbert » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Racer7 sounds great, you put a deposit down, did they discuss price?

Racer7

Postby Racer7 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:19 pm

No did not put a deposit. I don't see the need to rush. Doubt getting one is going to be a problem. They were not soliciting deposits. If they were they may if gotten one.

Not a fan of the prima blue, but looked great. I think the car will age very well.

Return to “NEW 124 SPIDER”