Fiat Spider restoration in Pakistan

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
neurosurgeon
Your car is a: Fiat spider cs1

Fiat Spider restoration in Pakistan

Postby neurosurgeon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:52 am

Hullo. Although I am several months into the restoration of my spider CS1 I thought might as set up a restoration story here. Some flashes of it have been given in the alfabb forum where I have put up the story of my ongoing Alfa GTV6 restoration.

Anyhow to start off have been car crazy ever since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Started driving at the age of 17 though ... my dad would not let me near the drivers seat until I was of age ( although 18 is the driving age in Pakistan)...learnt driving on a Ford Consul Classic 315... the one with the raked forward rear window... bald rear tyres and learnt to slide the car in it.

Anyhow Pakistan went thorugh a dark period and almost all European cars disappeared off the market... or was europe going through the dark period in the 70s as apart from Mercedes all european manufacturers basically left.... no more sales.. VW disappeared in 1973 and Ford who used to assemble, Fiat wwho used to sell relatively good numbers as well as the British just gave up. The vacuum was filled by the Japanese in the thousands and then the hundreds of thousands. Mercedes though continued on their merry way with the trickle of saloons being sold to the well off.

A few people returning form Europe/USA though continued to bring their cars as personal baggage imports. Over the years most of the Europeans were used up and melted for scrap. A few hundred VW beetles survive as well as handful of others which are now classics

My first memory of a Fiat is the brochure for an 1100D that my father brought in 1965 that was rejected for the Ford Consul Classic .. the second is a 124ST .... i remember the exhaust sound

neurosurgeon

Re: Fiat Spider restoration in Pakistan

Postby neurosurgeon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 am

will start off with pics of my restored cars and then come to the spider at the present day. Will post pics of the restoration up slowly as people may not like too many pics up at the same time.

neurosurgeon

Postby neurosurgeon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 am

will start off with pics of my restored cars and then come to the spider at the present day. Will post pics of the restoration up slowly as people may not like too many pics up at the same time.

neurosurgeon

Postby neurosurgeon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 am

sorry about that something wrong with the pic link

Europa
Your car is a: 1983 Pininfarina Spidereuropa

Postby Europa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 am

Can't seem to get a link to your pics. I didn't login to Flickr either. Here's a link to the album in the meantime:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138490012@N03/37841436354/

neurosurgeon wrote:will start off with pics of my restored cars and then come to the spider at the present day. Will post pics of the restoration up slowly as people may not like too many pics up at the same time.
1983 Spidereuropa
Verde Scuro

Nanonevol
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124 Spider

Postby Nanonevol » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Follow this link for a "how to" for posting photos:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32169
1977 Fiat Spider
1985 Jaguar XJ6
1967 Triumph Bonneville (hard-tail chopper)
1966 BSA Lightning

Return to “Restoration Projects”