Lions and gaskets and seals, Oh My!

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
RacingGreen
Your car is a: 1978 spider 1800

Lions and gaskets and seals, Oh My!

Postby RacingGreen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 am

Hi all
Hope the summer is being kind. I'm painting my convertible top frame and would like to replace the window gaskets, does anyone have any ideas what to use? The only one I can find from a vendor is $50 a side, A bit too rich for my chianti and pizza budget. As always, any advise would be helpful (especially bad advice to stop me from doing something stupid...again).
Thanks!

RacingGreen

Re: Lions and gaskets and seals, Oh My!

Postby RacingGreen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:04 pm

I answered my own question. I googled rubber auto glass supplies and found several vendors. I sent a picture of the old seal to Steele rubber products and they matched it up. $30 for 8 feet, enough for both sides. It's a common seal, they have it listed as a channel filler seal on almost 1000 different models. Yay!

urbom

Postby urbom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 pm

would you mind furnishing a part number?

RacingGreen

Postby RacingGreen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 pm

The Steele Rubber SKU is 70-0075-57. I found it cheaper by googling the number and using different terms (weatherstrip, channel filler...). Several restoration sites have it. I should have it by Tuesday and I'll let you know if it is the right fit. I can take a pic of the old one and new one and email it to you. I still don't know how to post a pic on this site.

Return to “Restoration Projects”